Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave

Some days you do something stupid. Today was one of those days.

I had both tumblers running at the same time. One had walnut with some jeweler's rouge in it and the other was filled with cob treated with some polishing compound. I dumped the first tumbler into the separator and took out my brass that was ready for the press and carried them inside. Somehow I got side tracked for a few minutes before returning to my work. I then dumped the cob to separate out the finished loads that I will be shooting this weekend.

You guessed it. I forgot to empty out the bucket before dumping the second tumbler. I now have plenty of mixed media. Oh well, I was planning on replacing both anyhow.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    I dumped some corn cob in with my walnut because I had a little new left and didn't intend to buy more but didn't want to waste it. It seems to work pretty good. I really had no idea it was bad to mix them. I know in your case it was unintentional but I bet it would still work pretty good. I do have more dust now that I think about it though. Maybe the walnut in grinding up the corn cob?

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    Quote Originally Posted by davet View Post
    I dumped some corn cob in with my walnut because I had a little new left and didn't intend to buy more but didn't want to waste it. It seems to work pretty good. I really had no idea it was bad to mix them. I know in your case it was unintentional but I bet it would still work pretty good. I do have more dust now that I think about it though. Maybe the walnut in grinding up the corn cob?
    I don't think it is a bad idea, but the cob had a lot of polish added over the years and it was so good for a final polish. I hated to lose it before I got some new treated up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Nemo me impune lacessit